Sunday, July 15, 2012

white girl


gathering myself up into 
whiteness
critical race theory
hits the streets
and melts onto the 
hot hot heat
of the asphalt 
and runs down
into the drain
washes away
in the rain
as the falling drops
ask you who 
wants to know
who wants to 
care 
about 
you 
white 
girl? 
So, I’ve been studying feminist pedagogy for weeks now, and I’m reluctant to admit, but I’m tired of it. Tired of the complexity, but mostly tired of the anger and frustration, mine, and others’ too. I guess it is one more construct that bites the dust for me, one less thing to believe in, if it ever were a good thing to believe in. Believe, whatever that means. It’s a word like faith, and spiritual, more words and constructs that I’ve grown tired of. And it’s not like I’m totally cynical and unhappy, it’s not like it’s a horrible thing, outside of the boredom of it all. I’m just walking into a different way of feeling and of thinking, which is I guess, a bit more logical. For a long time, Megan, my pragmatic daughter has said, “Mom, I wish I could give you just part of my brain.” Maybe she’s just rubbed off on me enough. Enough. 
Sadly, I still have a lit review paper to write. Seems pointless, but maybe in the completion something else will emerge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment