Thursday, May 26, 2011

Telling The Secret

As I’m journeying, I am making wonderful friends, priceless in this world, and they give me books to read. We’re fellow Shamans, creating and believing as we go. So, actually two people gave me books to read last week, and the one I am reading, the one that makes me laugh and continue on is called “Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting.” My friend had told me about it in the past and I think she must have read my disbelief about it on my face. So last week at lunch, when she gave it to me, she said, “Here, I bought you your own copy.” Like, come on and read it.

My friend is wise and generous, and so I’m reading it. When I told Meg (my daughter) about it, excitedly, she says, “Mom, are you reading The Secret?”, with that look on her face. Well, it’s not the The Secret but on the cover and back of this book are little blurbs that say, “Living The Secret.” Meg is so smart, too. I am surrounded (and engulfed) by smart, amazing women.

This is sort of what the book is telling me, and it does fit in with quantum physics and my understanding of emotions. This books tells us that we should be going after thoughts and behaviors that make us feel good. That our feelings really will tell us what we like, what we don’t like, but we have to pay attention, and not be afraid to want what we want. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? But when I got to this line, which I want to believe, it was tough: “I want to use my talents in a way that is fun, fulfilling, and really profitable. I know I can do that.” (This is what you might want to say to yourself instead of saying, “I want to get out of debt.”)

How do I move from wanting a different kind of life to believing it can happen? I guess I’ll have to work on the “I know I can do that” part of the line. Where is confidence for sale? Ironically, this is very much what Meg had been telling me as I moaned about ever making money, she’d say, “Mom, don’t concentrate on the money, just think about what you want to do and do what you love.” This concept, that I could do what I love and be okay, even profitable, is hard to swallow. Which is what this book also tells us, that we get so pulled away from this simple truth, that it is hard to believe.

I’m going to keep reading, because I do believe. I believe that we are made in the image of the Creator, and that we are creative and I do know that I am at my most happy when creating, especially co-creating; as when I’m working as a therapist, co-creating new ways of being with my clients. Our words do become manifest in our lives, and this takes us forward. I want to use my talents, my energy, and my life in such a way that people move forward into greater possibilities, and be profitable doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment