Friday, October 15, 2010

Brain Love

Poets, artists, philosophers have long held that we love from the heart, but I am proposing, without wanting to find all the scientific evidence, that actually we love from our head. Our brains, to be more precise, (if not more scientific). And I’ll tell you how I know; I know this from studying neuroscience. I know this because I absolutely love neuroscience like such a nerd. I can’t wait for new books to come out, I read parts of them and the table of contents on Amazon. I’ve had to tell myself, to calm down, to hold back, to just wait, read a little manga or something light, something fun, for a while. But the field of neuroscience is burgeoning, and I can’t keep up.

Then it dawned on me, driving home from work, listening to KBEM Jazz 88 station, I love neuroscience because my brain is in love with itself. Neuroscience is like a mirror for my brain, and I can’t look away. It’s a powerful thing, this brain love, and I’m not sure where it’s going, and hopefully, I will never leave myself. That would be truly a lonesome thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment