Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday Poem for You




I have words to tell
and a broken spell
and guts spilled out all over the floor

Come up close 
so as not to miss a word
and in a whisper I’ll tell you more

About kings and queens
and magic and dreams
and lies and schemes galore

About love and fear
and time and tears
about blood and bones and gore

About rivers I’ve crossed
and loves I’ve saved and lost
about letting go about keeping score

I had been called daughter and sister
and mother and twisted
and lover and virgin and whore

I have traveled to Paris
slept in London and Prague
Still my own bed fails to bore 

You want to know the truth you say
you want me to keep you safe
I say only you can know for sure 

You can know your way
you can see your future
plain as day the ill is the cure 

So open your hand
take this little pill
written on it is endure 

Feel the pound of heart beat
air fills your lungs with life so sweet
with wings take flight and soar



No comments:

Post a Comment