Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bus Stop

my bedroom window is a bus stop for birds
I am already unhappy with my mostly dark condo
too few windows and those that I have face the dark building next door

when I moved in there was a small old air conditioner in one of the bedroom windows
it looks like it is there permanently
I don’t want to try to remove it and I need it on hot summer nights
when all the heat rises into my space

now birds have decided that this air conditioner is some kind of bus stop
they flock to my window chirping clawing
every so often a squirrel and I feel like a sad sad Snow White
these small animals make me sad and tense not like singing

then I feel guilty that I should dislike these creatures
their incessant chirping
the nightmare I had that a bird finally broke through and flew through my room

take out the air conditioner some say
live with the nightmare I say
this stop may just be my own bus stop

No comments:

Post a Comment