Thursday, July 2, 2015

Good Morning

I slept so deep last night
It was like trying to climb out of a hole to wake up
The daylight stared at me
Glared at my body just lying there

I read a little of Written on the Body
and fell back to sleep again
Only this time half asleep
One ear listening for the drip of the automatic coffeemaker

I worry about my clients sometimes
this is my work now
The one who’s parents disowned her and
she is so alone in the world

The one whose beliefs about himself
are tied up in a religious system
which makes it hard to like anyone
let alone love yourself 

I wander through my mind thinking of ways to help 
I remember to sit and listen with love
open hearted
but still maybe there’s a book that will advance the cause 

Once I drink the coffee all will be better
I will be out of the dark hole of sleep
into the light of day
caffeine telling me go on go on 

Whisper of breeze
the buzz of a motorcycle
the color of the roses on my patio
brown sugar and whole milk in my coffee





No comments:

Post a Comment