Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Circles

thinking back through 2011 I came upon jewels on the road

sparkling living things that brightened my life

unexpected but needed

finding Prince’s version of the Joni Mitchell song

a case of you

a most lovely song

and when Prince sings it

the stars shine brighter for me

and I feel their warmth in my heart

like a circle

not a straight line

Joni writes this amazing song

Prince finds it and circles it round

which circles round to me thinking

I have this weird connection to Prince

since my ex left me over and over again for him

when he toured the world with Prince

making music making smoke

on stage

as special effects technician

I was young I guess

and maybe didn’t know what love was

but I don’t hold it against us

No comments:

Post a Comment